Thank you to all that ordered to celebrate Super Bowl LVII with H@G Takeout!
Pre-ordering is open today until Thursday, February 9th at 12:00 pm.
Pick-up is Sunday, February 12th from 1:00-4:00 pm. The bar will be open for you to have a drink while you wait for your food.
We will call you for order confirmation, credit card payment, and to confirm pick-up time.
Game Favorites – portions based on 4 people
- Fried Brussels with tobacco onions and roasted garlic aioli - $18
- House-made Pimento Cheese (16 oz.) with pepper jelly and fried saltines - $16
- Dry-rubbed Smoked Chicken Thigh Bites tossed with chili honey lime sauce over rice - $20
- Steamed Peel-and-Eat Shrimp (2 lb.) tossed with butter and Old Bay served with cocktail sauce - $30
- Brisket (2 lb.) with pickled onion and sauce - $32
- Whole Brisket (7-8 lbs.) - $120
- White BBQ Chicken (2 lb.) with pickled onions and sauce - $22
- Shredded Pit Beef [smoked pulled chuck roast] (2 lb.) with pickled onions and sauce - $28
- 5-Cheese Mac ‘n Cheese (32 oz.) - $15
- Burnt Edge Baked Beans (32 oz.) - $15
- Cornbread - $4
- Turkey Chili (32 oz.) - $16
Desserts by Julia Bakes Sweets
- 1 Dozen Macarons - $28 (includes 6 Belgian Chocolate and 6 Strawberry Buttercream)
- Half Dozen Rich Chocolate Cupcakes - $18 (includes 3 Vanilla Bean Buttercream and 3 Chocolate Fudge)
Order Chef Ron Spada's Delectable Whole-Cooked Brisket for Your Holiday Feast!
What: Whole-Cooked Brisket, an average weight of 7-9 lbs, which will feed 16-18 people. On the side: our Texolina Sauce (red and sweet, vinegar forward) and Pickled Red Onions.
Cost: $125 each
The House at Gatewood has been nominated in Chapel Hill Magazine's Best of Chapel Hill 2022 Readers' Favorite!
We are honored to be nominated in the Services category as Best Event Space.
We transitioned to a full-time private event space and wedding venue in August 2021, and have enjoyed celebrating your special gatherings in our beautiful historic space.
Click here to vote: https://bit.ly/3t20TNt, click on Services, then scroll down to Best Event Space and vote for The House at Gatewood.
You can also vote for The House at Gatewood in the following Dining categories:
- Best Chef
- Best Comfort Food/Southern Food
- Best Catering Company
You are allowed ONE vote per email, and you can use that email to vote in all of the above categories. Voting ends March 29, 2022!
Thank you for your vote and your support!
Heart of NC Weddings featured The House at Gatewood as a local wedding venue gem in their article: "The House at Gatewood: Hillsborough NC Wedding and Event Venue with Exceptional Southern Dining."
“If you’re a foodie who enjoys Southern hospitality, this venue is for you!”
Our North Carolina Wedding venue is the perfect place to host your special day.
The space includes private use of the entire House at Gatewood grounds for a full 10 hour day - inside, 2 outdoor patio spaces, yard, picnic areas, 3 indoor wood-burning fireplaces and outside firepit - and your choice of location for the ceremony and reception.
We can accommodate your party with multiple dining rooms that seat up to 85 people, plus 50 casual high-top seats in the bar/patio/party room, plus 75 outdoor patio seats. All seating, tableware and glassware are included, as well as House at Gatewood on-site dining and bar staff during the event and clean-up/take-down after. There is also the option of having an outdoor event with a tent and outside dining.
Owner and Executive Chef Ron Spada creates a customizable, seasonal and innovative handcrafted menu* - an experience infused by warm Southern hospitality where old meets new.
For out-of-town guests, The House at Gatewood helps coordinate nearby lodging. Our partners include the Arrowhead Bed and Breakfast, and The Colonial Inn. Other local vendor partners include Julia Bakes Sweets and Flower Patch in Hillsborough.
View all that is included, rates and reservation information here: https://www.houseatgatewood.com/index.php/weddings. Ask about our wedding packages that include rehearsal dinner/farewell brunch for your full experience. *Menu pricing is based on the number of guests.
We invite you to reach out to us here to inquire about hosting your wedding at The House at Gatewood in Hillsborough, North Carolina. We would love to help you celebrate your engagement party, rehearsal dinner, bachelor or bachelorette dinner, wedding ceremony, reception, day after wedding brunch and more!